11 September 2011

Post Apocalyptic - Deforestation


This months Art Jam theme is "Post Apocalyptic"

I really didn't want to do a stereotypical city ruin image with a Gears of War character standing amongst the smoke trying to look all cool.

So I decided to show a different side of what post apocalyptic would mean for other parts of the globe, and how it would not only effect people working in office buildings in new york.




Again, I tried some different techniques here to what I usually do by using vector silhouettes to quickly pull out a composition, then roughly worked in detail and focal points. I kept the image loose overall, as I didn't want to spend a lot of time on details that would not add to what I wanted the image to show.



Hope you like it! here's a breakdown image for anyone interested, tho it's pretty straight forward...